Thursday, December 19, 2013

Deck the Halls with Lots of Art

Well, its officially less than a week before Christmas. Today officially starts my Christmas break and tomorrow starts the break for students. It was another crazy week in the Art room in terms of our schedule. While I had some classes, others had the opportunity for a fun field trip. Here's what we were up to this week...

K4: A couple of weeks ago, K4 students explored the blending potential of oil pastels. This week, we started our actual project..bright, sunny sunflowers for winter. Students followed me step-by-step for the first part of this project. Its looking great so far!



K5: Students in the K5 are also using oil pastels to create their projects. However, unlike the K4, K5 students are creating still life drawings displaying fruits.




1st: The 1st graders just finished their photo booth portraits. Check out the previous post to see all of their wonderful drawings!

2nd: Students are still hard at work on their Rococo inspired paintings. This week, we painted the backgrounds.





3rd: The 3rd grade also finished up their Leonardo da Vinci horses this week. However, I did not post their finished artworks because I have one student that still needs to finish. As soon as she finishes when we get back from Christmas break, I will post all their creations!

4th and 5th: I did not get to see the 4th or 5th grade this week. They received the opportunity to go ice skating! I heard they had a ton of fun with just a few bumps and bruises :)

6th: Students began work on their Colonial era weather vanes. For the first part of this project, students drew out their design on poster board and we inserted a dowel rod for stability.



As I discussed in last week's post, we are not having Art Club this week. Art Club will resume when school starts back in January. However in Art Club news, I ordered our tee shirts today! Cannot wait until they are done!

Just wanted to also share with everyone that because of the holiday, I will not be posting again until school starts back in January. My hopes are that I will be able to share the 3rd and 5th grade projects by January 6th. So, I hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment