Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer is Here!

Well, all the students finally made it...summer break. There were so many conversations about ice cream and vacations to the beach, not to mention sleeping in until at least 10 :)

Although we had a lot going on this week, including 6th grade graduation, an awards ceremony, and many end of the year parties, one class worked on some art this week. The 4th grade has been working so hard on their gel glue batiks and I am so glad to say that they are finished just in time and they look fantastic! I was so proud of the how the 4th grade really focused that last day of art in order to finish their projects up. Good job everybody!!! Here are their finished artworks...


Just because the school year has ended does not mean that art will not be taking place. Starting June 17, I will be having an art camp at school. I am really excited about what we will be doing and I will definitely share those ideas and artworks with you.

As for me, I will be going home to visit my family, I will be making art examples for upcoming projects, and I am also going to working on a picture book. Not going to give away the details, but it does include one of my dogs, Cash.


I will be posting throughout the summer. Although I am not sure if I will post every week, like I have throughout the school year, I do plan on posting somewhat regularly to keep everyone up to date and to give you some sneak peeks about what students will be up to during the 2013-14 school year.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic and relaxing summer break and I will see everyone in the fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment