Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter and Spring Break

Hope everyone is having a super Happy Easter and a great start to our week and a half long break! As I mentioned in my previous post, due to the start of our break, this past week was a short one. I was only able to have my classes on Tuesday, and two of them on Wednesday. Despite the excitement of the upcoming break, students were able to get a lot accomplished! Here's what we were up to this week...

K4 and K5: Because of the school-wide retreat Wednesday morning, I decided to give students a break from our normal project. Additionally, I didn't think it was fair for students to start a totally new project and try to remember everything that we had discussed over the break. So for a short one day project, I decided to read students the book, Elmer by David McKee. At the end of the book, all of the elephants celebrate "Elmer Day" in which they decorate themselves in bright colors and patterns. After reading the book, I asked students to create their own elephant and decorate them for "Elmer Day"! 

1st: Students are finishing up their Cubism inspired collages. I believe that there are only 4 students that need to finish after we get back from the break. As soon as they finish, I will be posting pics of our finished creations.



2nd: Students in 2nd grade are also finishing up their projects. Similar to the 1st grade, there are a few students that need to finish. I will be posting pictures of all the finished projects when we return from break. For now, here are a few of the completed Hundertwasser houses!






3rd: No class this week :(

4th: I'm sorry for sounding a little like a broken record, but the 4th grade is also finishing up their current project. I will be posting pics of their finished photos after the break as well. Since many of the 4th graders only had a few details to add to their photos on Tuesday, I decided that we were going to start our new, mini project....Op Art Cubes! They will be continuing to work on these for the next couple of weeks.



5th: It is crazy how much I have said the same thing in this post, but the 5th grade is in the same position as most of the other grades...finishing things up. Again, there are a few students that need to sign their prints and add a few last details, so I will be posting their finished prints after the break.

6th: No class this week :(

Art Club: No meeting this week :(

As you can probably guess, I will not be posting this upcoming Saturday. My next post will not be until May 3rd after we return to school. I hope that everyone has a fantastic rest of their break! I cannot wait to hear about everyone's adventures and fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment